CMIC is committed to promoting health and safety within its targeted communities in the following ways:
- Installing street lights at markets, schools and other key places : CMIC has also installed solar and non-solar street lights around the Touk Meas Plant.
- Installing safety and traffic signs and bridge barriers : CMIC has also built bridge barriers alongside roads and repaired stretches of road to keep travellers and pedestrians safe and alert.
- Communities’ Road Safety Program : CMIC is an active supporter of the Road Safety Network, partnering with the Coalition for Road Safety (CRY) to train key local players in road safety awareness, in order that they can inform others about the importance of road safety. In line with this commitment, motorbike and bicycle helmets have been provided to communities and road safety practices have been promoted.
- Reflective vests for traffic police : CMIC has provided a number of Safety Reflective Vests for traffic police in certain districts of Kampot, Kep and Takeo provinces.
- Dental care packages for students : Each year, CMIC provides Dental Healthcare packages to students from various schools in the surrounding communities.